Any place to buy black wire with white stripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any place to buy black wire with white stripe

I have posted much under electrical problems with my bike, but most people are tired of my posting problems.I need to know if there is a place to find copy of black wire with white stripe to replace all the burned ground wire on my bike. I have looked online,no luck.I dont want to use solid black because many parts of the bike uses solid black on different components. I am going to have another bike to ride, but i still want to over the next several months try to rebuild this mess I have.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

There is a company I recall seeing a year or so ago...maybe try Vintage Connections?
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless View Post
      I have posted much under electrical problems with my bike, but most people are tired of my posting problems.I need to know if there is a place to find copy of black wire with white stripe to replace all the burned ground wire on my bike. I have looked online,no luck.I dont want to use solid black because many parts of the bike uses solid black on different components. I am going to have another bike to ride, but i still want to over the next several months try to rebuild this mess I have.
      This is probably 18 AWG based on the 15 amp rating but you should contact the seller to be sure. I did a search recently looking for stripped wires to match OEM GS but the selections are limited. Some color combinations do exist and can be had without buying 1000 ft roles.

Comment

these guys are what most of us Brits use, probably not much use to you over in Americky........

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Thanks for responses.I found a 13ft section on ebay and it said no longer available when I hit buy now.Just my luck.
          future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Get an old cut up harness.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Colour coded wiring

I just posted this a few weeks ago on another thread.

Go to Supplies, last icon on the left side panel, then on the main page select the bottom link to "wires and wire by the foot"

You will find all you need there.

Last edited by Kiwi Canuck; 10-12-2013, 03:15 PM.
              2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
              2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
              1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
              2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
              1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
              1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
              1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
              Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
                I just posted this a few weeks ago on another thread.

Go to Supplies, last icon on the left side panel, then on the main page select the bottom link to "wires and wire by the foot"

You will find all you need there.

http://www.riwire.com/
                Thanks a bunch.I will try them.

Comment

If it is just for you, consider marking it with Phase tape. That is what it is for. A ring around each end maybe.

Quality assortment of electrical tape designed for general purpose electrical applications. 5 different colored rolls come in a pack, including green, blue and yellow electrical tape.
                  sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                    If it is just for you, consider marking it with Phase tape. That is what it is for. A ring around each end maybe.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Electri...FXRp7Aodwx8Atw
                    That's another great idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X