No announcement yet.

universal fuel guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again my apoligies with the whole language issue i just never cared much for it although i am english.

I recently bought a GS850 tank which was more square and the tank cap sits more to the right hand side of the top of the tank but this did not fit on my Frame not because of any modification to the frame but the tank must be off a earlier or later model.
    My gs is a 850 G and the tank is the rounded gs tank with the cap in the middle i personaly think its off a gs750 but i could be wrong.
    As for what filters its they open bellmount filters with the mesh over the top its not a K and N Pod filter i will upload a photo to show you i spoke to another guy on hear about them he had them on his GS1100 and was only get low fuel consumption aswell and the jets on my carbs had been done before i purchased the bike so take it easy on me there and i have 4 slash cut single exsausts not 4 in to 1 .

Comment

Wow

Wow. No one is trying to give you a hard time here. But they are asking you for information about your bike, inorder to be able to come up with solutions to your problems. May I suggest you try using single point questions.

1) 1981??? 1000L How do I clean carbs???
      2) How do I check coils???
      3) Are 147.5 jets correct for ??? pods with slash exhausts???

You will get the help you need here if you slow down and ask specific questions without intertwining all your problems into one large ramble.
      1981 GS 1000GLX.
      1981 GS 1000G.
      1981 GS 650GLX.
      1975 TS 185.
      1972 100. Kawasaki.
      1968 100. Suzuki.
      1970 Z 50. Honda.
      1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
      1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

Again I said my apoligies about the whole language writing thing so we can get past that.
        As for specifics hear goes again.

Gs850 g 81
        Carb with bellmouth air filters stage 2 jet system 147.5.

Full tank does 80 miles to a tank which I wish to change
        Still runs original gs tank not a peanut one.

Gs850 squarish tank of a gl doesn't fit my bike.

And the reason I wanted a fuel gauage was because the lack of fuel and milage I get due to one of the top problems.

Comment

I have no dog in this hunt (look it up if you do not understand the reference), but I do offer a few suggestions.
          First, turn on the spell checker of your web browser. It is easily done, and will help others understand what you are attempting to communicate. You are a difficult read, and that makes it less likely that help is available.
          Second, fuel mileage is calculate as miles per gallon, or miles per liter. Not per tank. Per tank is meaningless. Please post as miles per gallon, miles per liter, etc.
          Third, I doubt any one here knows what bellmouth air filters stage 2 jet system 147.5 actually means. Those who are attempting to assist may offer suggestions for ascertaining meaningful data in this respect.
          And lastly, if fuel mileage is the most important issue, until you manage to resolve this, visually check the fuel level before setting off on any ride, and use the odometer to calculate how far you can ride before you should stop and purchase more fuel.
          Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
          X