No announcement yet.

smoking stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize for posting about this again but you said something about the E/S stator being the one recommended bc of sponsoring article. Is there another stator to get instead of the E/S or do I get that stator and the Polaris r/r? Also, is the rectifier included in the regulator assembly?

Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 11-04-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Compufire makes several different models, did you get the right one? Model 55402 is the one you should have gotten.
      Not all of the CompuFire units are series-style, not all are for three-phase systems, not all are rated to handle the output of a GS.

I just did a search, THIS is the only one I found, and it's $163.81 (with free shipping).

Yep, that's the one I got. Granted it was almost a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by last337 View Post
        I apologize for posting about this again but you said something about the E/S stator being the one recommended bc of sponsoring article. Is there another stator to get instead of the E/S or do I get that stator and the Polaris r/r? Also, is the rectifier included in the regulator assembly?

Thanks
        The Polaris R/R (rectifier AND regulator) will work well with lots of stators- E/S stators have proven to be a good choice. The SH-775 can be had from many places online or if you have POlaris dealer nearby, try them. Accept no substitutes, make sure you get Polaris part # 4012941
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

jump in here

I just went through the same repair on my 83 1100 E last week. It worked out well with Caltric stator and the Polaris SH775. But before I did anything the handle bar loop was removed, all melted connectors and grounds fixed and or cleaned. I did manage a good summer of use with the old and crispy R/R & stator with 32,000 miles on them they still worked. I mounted the much larger than stock R/R between my battery box and rear fender liner. My factory air box is still intact. I've noticed some new model cycles have the R/R mounted in front of the engine. That is a good place but I want to keep the stock appearance on my GS being 98% O.E.

Comment

Working...
          X