Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in brand new wiring harnesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in brand new wiring harnesses?

Was looking into making a harness for my project, and to do it cheaper I need to order large spools of the wiring. So, I would have extra left over to make other harnesses.

They would be made with Deutsch connectors, gold pins (nickel avilable), and mil-spec wiring. Would anyone be interested in this?

what models would you plan on doing, all GS's? also what sort of money would you charge for a complete harness?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      what models would you plan on doing, all GS's? also what sort of money would you charge for a complete harness?
      So far I only have a 78 gs750 harness and 83 1100e harness to go by, could do others if there was interest.

Still would have to get a dollar amount added up, not going to know 100% until I do mine. I do not see it costing too much more then a good quality used harness. ($100 is my estimate, might be lower)
      Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I might be interested if it's a complete, new harness for my 550/650.
        1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
        1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
        2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Originally posted by Sci85 View Post
          I might be interested if it's a complete, new harness for my 550/650.
          That would be do-able I would just need a wiring diagram.

For now I am just seeing if there is enough interest for me to order extra connections and pins when I place my order. Would 16ga be appropriate for the main harness or 18ga? The wiring conforms to these standards: Mil-W-22759/16, SAE AS22759/16 and is good to 150c and 600v.
          Last edited by Guest; 11-08-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Yes!!!

I would love a completed new harness for my 82' gs650g. I just blew up the diagram, and was thinking about making it myself, but not too well with electrical work. but do know how to put it all in. I desprately want to resotre my bike. It leaks, the exhaust smokes, just the whole nine yards. Still am able to use it as my daily bike, but just ordered a brand new gas tank, side panels and rear. Might purchase a new engine as well, but not too sure. But the biggest issue is the wiring. I need to charge my battery every 3 days because of the wiring.

Please let me know if you would be interested in making my request.

The diagram says gs650z, but it works for the gs650g. Thanks mate.

Comment

With the OEM stytle plastic connectors and bullet style connectors? One for the 78 1000 E would be nice. I have a new..never installed 78 1000 C that you could use as a template for making that one easily enough.

The E is eccentually the exact same thing except the plug ins for the turn signal ( E has the self cancelling feature).

Let you the C harness as a template and you make me an E???
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

If you do a harness for the 750, use the 79 diagram and incorporate a fuse block. No sense in upgrading your harness if you keep the foolish "one fuse to rule them all" design.

Comment

Originally posted by itschrisb33ts View Post
                  I would love a completed new harness for my 82' gs650g. I just blew up the diagram, and was thinking about making it myself, but not too well with electrical work. but do know how to put it all in. I desprately want to resotre my bike. It leaks, the exhaust smokes, just the whole nine yards. Still am able to use it as my daily bike, but just ordered a brand new gas tank, side panels and rear. Might purchase a new engine as well, but not too sure. But the biggest issue is the wiring. I need to charge my battery every 3 days because of the wiring.

Please let me know if you would be interested in making my request.

The diagram says gs650z, but it works for the gs650g. Thanks mate.
                  I am interested, will update the thread when I order the wiring.

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                  With the OEM stytle plastic connectors and bullet style connectors? One for the 78 1000 E would be nice. I have a new..never installed 78 1000 C that you could use as a template for making that one easily enough.

The E is eccentually the exact same thing except the plug ins for the turn signal ( E has the self cancelling feature).

Let you the C harness as a template and you make me an E???
                  Finding the stock connectors and stuff is a challenge so far. Like mentioned, I was planning to use Deutsch connectors. More expensive but higher quality.

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
                  If you do a harness for the 750, use the 79 diagram and incorporate a fuse block. No sense in upgrading your harness if you keep the foolish "one fuse to rule them all" design.
                  Ah, I thought 77-79 used the same harness. Thanks

Comment

I just typed in VINTAGE CONNECTORS in the search box and dozens of threads popped up...one had this place.

1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                      I just typed in VINTAGE CONNECTORS in the search box and dozens of threads popped up...one had this place.

http://www.vintageconnections.com/
                      Thanks, looks like it might be possible then. Going to do my harness first to see how involved it is then go from there.

Maybe I will be able to do harnesses for a bunch of bikes down the line. I think I will need a stock harness for each model to do that, though. Just to figure out wire length etc.

Comment

I also do think Suzuki has full kits available as well. Like a dealer available shop supply, but they do exist.

Comment

You can also get them at Cycle Recycle II - www.newmotorcycleparts.com
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            You can also get them at Cycle Recycle II - www.newmotorcycleparts.com
                            Thanks, bookmarked both.

Comment

Thanks man, ya keep me updated. And quick question, my lights dim when my turn signals are off and i press my brakes, any ideas on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X