Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in brand new wiring harnesses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
    Might be interested in a harness for a 78 750. Color doesn't bother me, and I don't really like the OEM style connectors, lol.
    pm'd you on that

Comment

Price for a 82 GS450 harness?

Comment

I could probably use a few for some of my Skunks and perhaps a couple more for a couple of G models.

Comment

Pm'd both of you

Comment

Id take a few, 79 gs850 and 78 1000

Comment

The problem I seem to be running into now is wire color. I simply can't order the 40 or so different color combinations Suzuki used (at least on the gs1100's) to make stock color harnesses like most here would like.

Would markings/a label at each connection be ok with you guys, with similar wire color to stock used throughout?

Comment

Figured out pricing on ordering all the wire.

What would you guys consider a fair price to be for a replica of the OEM harness, every wire color the same, same connectors, with the option of having it ready for a Solid State Power Box (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?t=210261)?

Comment

I would definitely be interested in a wire harness for a 81 1100e. I don't really have any electrical problems now (knock on wood, I hate electrical problems) but it would be nice to have a new harness hanging around. I'm with V8 Merc and using more updated connectors. As for the price... Material, plus your time whatever that equals.
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    I would definitely be interested in a wire harness for a 81 1100e. I don't really have any electrical problems now (knock on wood, I hate electrical problems) but it would be nice to have a new harness hanging around. I'm with V8 Merc and using more updated connectors. As for the price... Material, plus your time whatever that equals.
                    The 1980+ big bikes seem to love wires. There is 42 colors in the GS1000G harness and 47 in the GS1100 harness. Everything else uses under 20 or 30 from what I can see. Right now I am just trying to see what the market is like for the bigger bikes before I spend all that extra money ordering the wire.

Comment

Working...
                    X