starter disconnect switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starter disconnect switch

the wiring diagrams show the G/Y from the starter relay running to a starter disconnect switch. Then out to starter switch. What is a starter disconnect switch? And location? Thanks Mike 1980 GS1000
    [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
    Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Clutch switch? Kill button? There's nothing else.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by mike10 View Post
      the wiring diagrams show the G/Y from the starter relay running to a starter disconnect switch. Then out to starter switch. What is a starter disconnect switch? And location? Thanks Mike 1980 GS1000
      Well it looks like it comes from the starter button,down the page to (mystery starter disconnect switch) to solenoid. I want to hook up a starter button,but not to the stock one. How do I wire it, by passing the stock starter button and wiring? Do I need to include the Starter Disconnect Switch?
      [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

Sidestand switch? Does it have one?

S.

Comment

The only ones were later bikes, they just lit a warning bulb.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhorse47 View Post
            Sidestand switch? Does it have one?

S.
            I don't think in has a side stand switch
            [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

I am a newbie, but it should be the electrical sensor going to your clutch lever.

The next question: where to find a new one OR how to bypass it?

Comment

The starter disconnect switch is the clutch lever switch. Disconnect it where it feeds into and out of the wiring harness leading to the clutch perch. It will have a male and a female bullet. Plug them together and it is now bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                  The starter disconnect switch is the clutch lever switch. Disconnect it where it feeds into and out of the wiring harness leading to the clutch perch. It will have a male and a female bullet. Plug them together and it is now bypassed.
                  Right /\/\/\/\
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                  X