1982 850 G Dyna S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 850 G Dyna S

Can anyone confirm the DS3-2 is the kit I should be getting for my '82 850 G?

Thanks in advance.

That's the one I'd buy.
    Does your bike have a mechanical advance?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      That's the one I'd buy.
      Does your bike have a mechanical advance?
      That is a great question.... What would be the easiest way to find that out?

Comment

I thought 1982 was when they went to electronic advance.

Easiest way to check would be to look at the parts in one of the on line OEM parts vendors sites.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

If it does have the electronic advance you will need a mechanical advance from an 80-81 GS850.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Going to need an advance unit. 850/1000E/1000G all seem to use the same part.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Please go look at your bike to make sure, but... according to the Suzuki parts diagrams, the 82 850GL uses a mechanical advance, and the '82+ 850G uses an electronic advance.

No idea why.

Again, please go look at your bike to see what you have -- Suzuki seems to have played mix-n-match at the factory at times, probably to use up parts they had lying around.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I am also looking at ordering a dyna ignition. I have a 79 GS750L. Which dyna ignition is the right one? I found a few on Z1 and the Dyna S ignition on CRC2. I was thinking the Dyna S, would this be correct?

Comment

joelionfish, there are various versions of the Dyna S. IIRC, you have points, so you need to know which points ignition you have. If you have the Nippon Denso (ND) then you would need the Dyna S DS3-2.

Comment

Thanks Koolaid!

Comment

mechanical

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                      Please go look at your bike to make sure, but... according to the Suzuki parts diagrams, the 82 850GL uses a mechanical advance, and the '82+ 850G uses an electronic advance.

No idea why.

Again, please go look at your bike to see what you have -- Suzuki seems to have played mix-n-match at the factory at times, probably to use up parts they had lying around.
                      I have an 82 850GL. After reading this thread, I checked mine. It is mechanical.
                      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
                      1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

Dyna Ign $120 inc shipping NEW Bought it for my 850 never used it

Comment

Working...
                        X