X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Locomotive Electrical Faucet"?

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      "Locomotive Electrical Faucet"?

That is the direct Chinese translation for "ignition switch primary"

Comment

Bump anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Bump anybody else?
          Bump Bump ..............

Comment

That's a really cool item. How hard was the insulation? Thinking of buying one.

Comment

Do people really steal GSes? Really?

I haven't even taken the key out in years.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I think the auto start would be an interesting feature

Comment

Because it's so hard to touch the starter button and ride away.
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Haha your right.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      Because it's so hard to touch the starter button and ride away.
                      No dummy, because you need a good reason for a safety interlock

Comment

Subscribed!
                        Very interesting!
                        Thanks Jim!
                        2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                        1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                        2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                        s)

Comment

Motorcycle RFID card Mortice Smart Sensor anti-theft device Alarm Immobilizer

Not quite sure what this one does other than to incorporate RFID into some type of engine immobilizer. It has an alarm again not sure what activates it. This device apparently has a super cap or other energy storage device as it seems to still function when power is cut from it. It would seem these are all worth while features and worth forgoing the Auto start of the other alarm.

( applicable to all kinds of brand motorcycles and )

Select chip burglar reason: anti-cut line , despite the thief motorcycle line

Road cut or battery cable cut , they can not start the car drove away ! !

Select chips anti-theft reasons: all decoders of this product does not work,

Because this product without the remote control, anti-theft device with ordinary differ ! !

Select chip theft Three reasons: Off Key themselves into the security , without remote

Control , no parking for each lock your car !

Select chip theft Four reasons : with an ordinary remote control can be used in conjunction with anti-theft devices ,

No interference ! ! !

Select chip theft Five reasons : Card Induction speed faster than other similar products

Three times !

- Ming lock anti gentleman , built-in lock anti- thief ! !

Installation does not change the original car system status,KeepingOriginal carElectric circuit, Not to replace the battery , anti-theft

Comment

This is a little belated, but I did succeeded in integrating the remote start Alarm with the SSPB and it seems to work as advertised. It is a cool to be able to power my test station remotely (do remote start), now I can do the tests while sitting on the couch drinking beer. I used a spare SSPB and my production test station with some blinker lights. I did not do a video, so I guess you will just have to trust me.

There are a few items worth noting.

When this device is powered it pulls 6 mAmps (it claims 5 mAmps) so if you leave the alarm on for extended periods it will tend to drain your battery down more than other wise.

For example A typical bike with an SSPB/SH-775 and Alarm would draw

2+1.5+6 = 9.5 mAmps. This is not horrible draw but would need to be restarted at least once per month or use a trickle charger.

I would probably wire the alarm so it is only active when the bike is in park. There is a separate power output from the ignition switch when in park. So if you want to disable the alarm, leave the bike in OFF. If you lock the ignition, stands to reason you would want the alarm enabled also.

Because this is an auto start device, it has to be wired in parallel to your ignition switch and will try and power the entire bike as the ignition switch would. This would be problematic as a stock ignition switch might have to carry 10-15 amps depending upon loads. This thing has several 5 amp relays but I doubt more than one is dedicated to the ignition. Also the wires are very small gauge again problematic if trying to carry any loads. Further if you use auto start and the start button together you can blow the fuse to the device.

The bottom line is this Alarm should not be carrying any current and there should be external relays or integration with the SSPB is fairly seamless.

There is still the issue of how to disable the engine. The device puts out +12V when it want to immobilize the ignition. So you need a device that can block power when +12V is applied and draws very little current. You can then block various things to keep the engine from running but most things you are blocking is substantial current.

For the SSPB the job is quite a bit easier; you just ground the inputs to the SSPB and that effectively stops the bike quite easily.

Here is an engine immobilizer that is part of a competing RFID alarm system. You can but the various features as components of your alarm system. This is just one.

Bottom Bottom line, (plug for SSPB coming) While it is probably possible to integrate this type of a device to an older GS, having a SSPB makes that integration much easier and reliable as the Alarm doesn't have to carry any current; it only has to signal the SSPB when to turn on. The Immobilizer is still something to develop, but with the SSPB it is much easier and convenient to deal with.
                            Last edited by posplayr; 02-22-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X