GS1100 Intake Manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 Intake Manifolds

i need to buy a set if intake manifolds and i found a set on ebay for $69 which sounds like a great price but it says for chain driven models only. Are the intakes different on a chain driven model verses shaft?

Yes. The 4-valve (chain drive) engines just use tubes for manifolds. The G 2-valve (shaft drive models) use bolt on manifolds.
    Why not just get stock Suzuki intakes for your 1100E? http://www.partsoutlaw.com/OEMpartfi...003/5602380003

Comment

Feel a bit foolish now. I was told by PO that this was an E but is seems I have a G. It is shaft driven. And the intakes ARE bolted. I had just now ordered a set if intakes from Bike Bandit and now I see they are the wrong ones.

Comment

#26 & 27 here: http://www.partsoutlaw.com/OEMpartfi...002/5602410003
        BTW, NEVER order from the Bike Bandit unless you enjoy paying way too much for parts.

Comment

Thanks, ordering from parts outlaw just saved me about $26. And it only took a quick call to bandit to cancel my wrong order. So is there something on the VIN that would tell me exactly what model I have?

Comment

Post some pic's of your bike. Even if some things have been changed/improved on it, several persons on this forum should be able to narrow it down pretty well.

Comment

I'll take the chain drive manifold boots.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Here's a pic of my '82 GS1100. PO said it was an 1100E but it's not. Can anyone pinpoint what model it is?

Comment

Working...
                X