Ebay heated grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay heated grips

Well I have been compiling a list of electrical upgrades for my ED. One that I have as high priority (aren't they all) is to get some heated grips. I first bought some of those real cheap ones (not installed) and mainly to use as a test load for a PWM controller also off ebay.

Anyway in measuring the power draw, I found it to be about 1 amp total (both sides once they warm up) The load starts out at about 1.4 amps when cold. At 14V that is 7 watts per side which seemed to be pretty low. So I was considering options of buying another set and wiring them in parallel for a 28W max. Now I need to figure out where to put the PWM controller with it's big round knob. It is small, but on a motorcycle there is not a lot of dashboard room. So I think about wiring in parallel with a diode so I have a LO/HI control for 14W and 28W respectively with only a SPDT rocker. I still need to mount the rocker.
    hmmmmmm nothing looking real clean.

So while searching for rocker switches I decide to see what ebay has to offer as far as an upgrade above the $4 unit. That is when I found this neat little unit. It is 12W/24W controllable (PWM) with the control built right into the grip. $18 Shipped

It is supposed to be Suzuki compatible and I assure you it is $1 quick throttle mod compatible

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Anyway wondering if anybody has used them or letting you know they are available. I know winder is going to be over soon , but I have mine on order and will report back once installed.

I figure even if the grips are crap, just the ring switch and PWM are worth the price. Just cut the grips off.
    Last edited by posplayr; 02-20-2014, 08:00 PM.

I'm still waiting on my electronic bug/rock deflectors.
    The GS cloaking system as well-LoL

Comment

The GS cloaking system as well-LoL
      That's standard with all motorcycles not just GSs. Seems to work darn well against most if not all cagers

Comment

Works very well in the off position with said cagers! Texting cagers!!!!

Comment

Will be anxious to see your results, I would love a set! terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
            Will be anxious to see your results, I would love a set! terrylee
            At the moment I'm using OEM grips which apparently are not that soft. I don't really like foam grips however. So bear in mind, they look like they might be pretty hard grips and so transmit more vibration than something softer.

If that is thate case I might just cut off the PWM controller and wire them with the other cheap resistor packs and retain my same grips/throttle tube with some double heat shrink tubing covering the dual heaters on each side.

Comment

Working...
            X