No announcement yet.

main fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While you're sleuthing, note that on wiring diagram from that link I posted, one stator output runs up to headlight switch and back to R/R - best to eliminate this factory feature as it is problem . The 3 stator leads need to go direct to R/R. Best to review entire charging system to look for potential flaws- a little work and you'll have a reliable charging system.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Have a look here, member posplayr has it spelled out

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

woohoo

first off to Tom and all on this site for keeping the gs going thanks for the help I found the problem, it wasn't the r/r after closer inspection when I cut the boot back enough to see in it farther lo and behold 2 more wires had scorched spot so new bullet connecters on them and some heat shrink and vroom she roared back to life with no fuse pop the original r/r still lives! god must have luved gs to

keep the rubber side down
        Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2014, 05:02 PM. Reason: more thanks needed

Comment

Originally posted by suzukirider View Post
          ive had it for about 10yrs

I was gonna save the link after I tested and rechecked everything

ive had both covers off and the tank and the only wires that were damaged were the pinched ones

I would just like to have the link incase it is it

I love this bike
          ive taught 2 of my sons how to ride using this bike
          she will never leave me lol thnks again
          Originally posted by suzukirider View Post
          first off to Tom and all on this site for keeping the gs going
          thanks for the help

I found the problem, it wasn't the r/r
          after closer inspection when I cut the boot back enough to see in it farther lo and behold 2 more wires had scorched spot
          so new bullet connecters on them and some heat shrink and vroom she roared back to life with no fuse pop
          the original r/r still lives!
          god must have luved gs to

keep the rubber side down
          good to hear of your success.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X