Using the Eastern Beaver Fuse Block Grounding Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Eastern Beaver Fuse Block Grounding Bar

In my project thread I mention I found two of my ground wires from the harness that attach to the frame are currently in a bad spot. I could grind away the powder coat in that area but it's not my first option right now.

I installed an Eastern Beaver Fuse block that has a grounding bar built in and is grounded to the battery (relay is also grounded to the box). I know that bar is there to use for times like this but don't know what effects it could have if I use it. Is there anything I should be thinking about long term if I do? Basically, what are the gotchas that I'm not aware of if I use that instead of bolting straight to the frame?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

If you choose to use that as your central grounding point, that's fine, as long as IT has a very good connection to the battery's negative terminal. Does not have to be directly to the battery, could have a connection to the frame, which is then connected to the battery.

The most important part to remember is that SOMEWHERE, it all has to have good, clean, tight connections.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      If you choose to use that as your central grounding point, that's fine, as long as IT has a very good connection to the battery's negative terminal. Does not have to be directly to the battery, could have a connection to the frame, which is then connected to the battery.

The most important part to remember is that SOMEWHERE, it all has to have good, clean, tight connections.

To the frame and battery. Grind away.

Comment

To close this out I decided to just grind off the powder coat at the airbox bolt hole I was using and mount them there. It's working like a charm now.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
        X