Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S 1100 Electrex Regulator Rectifier

is there a place to order them in the US
    Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2014, 10:05 PM.

Get the Polaris SH-775 for about $75; I just put one on my bike and am looking forward to checking on it soon.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

See gs stator in my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Street Fighter View Post
        GS 1100 Electrex Regulator Rectifier is there a place to order them in the US
        If you are going to replace, why not upgrade at the same time?

You will probable even save money, too.

Get the Polaris one that cowboy mentioned. I just got one (have not installed it yet).
        Click HERE for the best deal that I found: $69.62 for the regulator, $6.95 shipping, for a total of $76.57.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

it doesn't look like it just plugs in and it probable doesn't come with the male connectors.
          does it?
          Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Take a look at this post from my projects thread - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...&postcount=360

I bought the connectors from Eastern Beaver when I bought my new fuseblock and then wired it up. It connects the same to the stator using the grey connector while the black connector attaches to the battery. Others have found different connector setups that work just as well; do a search on the forum about the sh-775

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Cowboy do you know the pt # of the connectors

Comment

Just know he has a $20 minimum order requirement (shipping will be outrageous until you get over $20). It's the first ones on that page

But I really like the layout of his fuse block and it installed very easily.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

i cant find the Polaris SH-775 for sale anyware

Comment

You need to look for Polaris part # 4012941

Steve went comparison shopping..

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Street Fighter, take your time and get the correct R/R. The Polaris Series R/R will save your electrical system. It is true that sourcing the connectors is a PITA, but there are more sources than Eastern Beaver. And I used a different fuse block and saved a ton of money over their fuse block; being comfortable with wiring has its advantages.

Comment

You don't need no stinking fancy connectors, take the economy route and use female spades like me. That's the SH-775 upside down under rear gas tank support.

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

is poloris 4012941 the same size as the oem one i have a katana and it sits on the outside I want to put it back in the original spot.

Comment

Partspitstop.com has them $56.15 + $12.95 s&h = $69.10, I haven't installed mine either.

Comment

I personally would solder the connections.
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                              X