H4 LED bulbs and other LED lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taylor View Post
    Did you manage to get the bulb in the stock housing? I got mine in last night and the clips don't line up with the housing - did you just slide it in or get an adapter/new housing?
    You asking Pb9717 about his JW Speaker lamp or somebody else about theirs?

Personally, the Truck-Lite bulbs (complete lights, actually) fit quite well into my housings. They stick out a bit beyond the chrome trim ring, but there was no modification to anything (bulb or housing) to effect the installation.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

****, I don't use this forum enough - usually when you hit reply there is a reference thread.

I was talking about the JW Speaker lamp, I have the same lights and I put them aside because the housing didn't line up. Not sure if it's worth fabricating something to make them work or just returning them and starting from scratch. The 7" Suzuki housing isn't very deep so I may need to swap that out for any LED headlights.

Comment

If you go with LED, consider the Truck-Lite. Not exactly "cheap", but not as expensive as the JWS.

I was looking for a link to toss in here. Most of the lights are about $150, but found THIS great deal. $130 FOR A PAIR!!!

If you don't have a second bike, find a friend, split the cost.

sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          If you go with LED, consider the Truck-Lite. Not exactly "cheap", but not as expensive as the JWS.

I was looking for a link to toss in here. Most of the lights are about $150, but found THIS great deal. $130 FOR A PAIR!!!

If you don't have a second bike, find a friend, split the cost.

Hang on.

"Truck-Lite Style H4 H/L 40W 7" LED Headlight". It looks like an H4 LED lamp in an imitation Truck-Lite reflector. So, imitation headlights are a thing now. They might actually work fine, but I'd want to know first.
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Wow. I did not notice that one extra word ("style"), but I did wonder why they were less than half price.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride

Comment

Wow. I did not notice that one extra word ("style"), but I did wonder why they were less than half price.

To bad, I was going to offer to split a set with you, too. At the moment, mine has a corner ground off, probably making a hole. I've been advised not to power it up until I've baked the moisture out of it and sealed the hole. Apparently, the naked LED dies + moisture + heat = pffft.
              Dogma
              --
              O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
              '80 GS850 GLT
              '80 GS1000 GT
              '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

You asking Pb9717 about his JW Speaker lamp or somebody else about theirs?

Personally, the Truck-Lite bulbs (complete lights, actually) fit quite well into my housings. They stick out a bit beyond the chrome trim ring, but there was no modification to anything (bulb or housing) to effect the installation.

sorry for the delayed answer.

The JW8700 evo II fit perfectly. No mods, adapters, or anything needed. Straight swap of the stock incandescent bulb.

pb9717
                PB
                Central Jersey
                82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

Comment

Working...
                X