A question about AGM`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't notice it wasn't available.

found this one though, rated 4.5 stars and a lot of reviews.

$41 shipped (free shipping) SEALED AGM battery

Comment

Thanks - for some reason Amazon shows its not compatible but it sure looks like it will work. I remember something about a 14 in my battery's part number.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

That last one won't work, the terminals are reversed.

here's the search page for the correct battery

the AGM and gel batteries are great, they won't spill and don't need a vent tube. It's amazing the abuse I've put that battery through and it'll still crank the bike after winter.

Comment

Silly question, if the terminals are reversed wouldn't turning the battery around make it work ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old guy View Post
            That last one won't work, the terminals are reversed.

here's the search page for the correct battery

the AGM and gel batteries are great, they won't spill and don't need a vent tube. It's amazing the abuse I've put that battery through and it'll still crank the bike after winter.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_pr...price-asc-rank
            Thanks! I'll take a look, page one is almost all KMG sealed batteries for $41, although that first $52 (with shipping) TMS gel seems decent. Can't tell if the posts are negative left and positive right however and it looks little smaller.

Originally posted by seanarthurmachado View Post
            Silly question, if the terminals are reversed wouldn't turning the battery around make it work ?
            You'd think, but you'd have to make/buy new cables, which wouldn't be hard but would negate any savings over getting the right battery for a little more. The cables are just long enough to reach without much slack at all...
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

First off thanks to the admin for the Happy Birthday wishes on Saturday. Since it got up to 65 F I figured I`d go down to the garage and tinker a little. Back tire was a little low so I filled it. Put the meter on the new (last year) AGM and it was at 12.4 volts so what the heck. ATGATT for me and my 6 year grandson and off we went for a little ride. Did about 5 or 6 miles with him then dropped him off and did about another 25 miles by my lonesome. I love springtime. Stay safe my brothers.

Mike
              sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
              1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Working...
              X