No announcement yet.

SH 775 on a 1000E….. It's tight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a comparison of the original (Right) and the replacement (left) on my GS750TZ...

OEM installation..

and here is the replacement installed...tight, tight, tight...

sigpic
    1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
    2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

I removed the helmet holder on my 850 and mounted my Electrosport there, outside the sidecover. I thought it would cool better there, and it didn't look too bad. I think I used only one of the bolts, and maybe a wire tie in the other R/R mount hole, attached to the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by JMHJ View Post
        I removed the helmet holder on my 850 and mounted my Electrosport there, outside the sidecover. I thought it would cool better there, and it didn't look too bad. I think I used only one of the bolts, and maybe a wire tie in the other R/R mount hole, attached to the frame.
        read GS Stator in my signature

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          This is what I'm looking at…..

Also trying to make room for a SSPB in there somewhere.
          New plan, might work… Put the turn signal controller down on the frame about six inches lower than it is now. Just strap it to the frame since the hoop for the mounting bracket is broken off anyway. The SSPB in the top left corner where the signal controlller is now. Might just leave enough space for the R/R in the rear top corner….. Maybe.

Got to see how big that SSPB is….
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

can't see 'em; don't have my preferences set for that.

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            read GS Stator in my signature

Comment

So be it............

Comment

posplayr is malware
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  posplayr is malware
                  Check that..

Comment

You'll want to do some reading- the E/S r/r is outdated. Series r/r units are now available for cheap money and these are better at keeping your stator running cooler.
                    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I did this, Does it help?

sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Ahh, I didn't know that. It was several years ago when I bought that one.

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                        You'll want to do some reading- the E/S r/r is outdated. Series r/r units are now available for cheap money and these are better at keeping your stator running cooler.

Comment

But no personal offense intended, I'm sure...

Comment

Working...
                          X