Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 750t R/R Fitmment

Will this work for my 82 gs750t?

Sure it will, if it's still good. For about ten bucks more you can get a brand new series regulator.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      Sure it will, if it's still good. For about ten bucks more you can get a brand new series regulator.

Please fill me in......

Comment

The SH-541 is a good shunt R/R; now we have the series SH-775 unit- better for our size charging system. enjoy some reading! don't pay more than $25 for the SH-541. The SH-775 will cost about $70 new .

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
          The SH-541 is a good shunt R/R; now we have the series SH-775 unit- better for our size charging system. enjoy some reading! don't pay more than $25 for the SH-541. The SH-775 will cost about $70 new .

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...65&postcount=1

Thank you! I am in the process of testing my charging system. Battery went dead last night when I synched my carbs!

Comment

Got a SH-775 for $60 delivered to my door. Do you all suggest I purchase this kit:

Reading though some related threads it appears that I can wire this easily with spade connectors and seal with rtv. Should be able to find a fuse similar to what the above kit contains.

Comment

delivered for $60 ?? what a deal, but I'm a skeptic,so humor me! It's Polaris p/n 4012941, right ? scooped from your local ATV dealer.
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

delivered for $60 ?? what a deal, but I'm a skeptic,so humor me! It's Polaris p/n 4012941, right ? scooped from your local ATV dealer.
                Got it from ebay....new....freshly listed...

2014 POLARIS RZR 800S OEM VOLTAGE REGULATOR 4012941

Comment

Good deal - cheapest new I've seen so far

Edit; as to connector stuff- you don't need a fuse for R/R positive output, best to put into harness -see and scroll up/down along this link.

Last edited by tom203; 04-23-2014, 12:47 PM. Reason: more info
                  1981 gs650L

Comment

Hope the rest of my day follows that pattern!

Comment

Edit; as to connector stuff- you don't need a fuse for R/R positive output, best to put into harness -see and scroll up/down along this link.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...&postcount=126

Thanks for the help Tom. What ga wire did you use for the positive to the harness and the black to the battery/neg?
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2014, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I used 14 gauge, but others are using 12. I have a common grounding point on frame that ties R/R negative to battery negative -this gives a good return path for the various loads and lets R/R "see" battery.
                        1981 gs650L

Comment

I used 14 gauge, but others are using 12. I have a common grounding point on frame that ties R/R negative to battery negative -this gives a good return path for the various loads and lets R/R "see" battery.

Thank you Tom

Comment

Thanks for all the great advice. I installed last night and am glad I did not order the Trimumph harness as it would not have fit. My charging system is now excellent!!!

Comment

That's great; now consider getting an onboard voltmeter so you can admire it as you ride!
                              1981 gs650L

Comment

Working...
                              X