82 750t R/R Fitmment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
    That's great; now consider getting an onboard voltmeter so you can admire it as you ride!

That is a good idea....thanks Tom!

Comment

Umm, what about your stator? Did you test it? If your bike died while working on the carbs, screams stator is dead as well. Usually when we install a new series R/R we include a new stator to start things fresh.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        ...Usually when we install a new series R/R we include a new stator to start things fresh.
        We do ?? not me, I threw on the SH-775 and called it done!
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I posted this on another thread I have:

I went through the stator papers with a fine toothed comb and have read all I can regarding these issues....all tests were good as far as the stator is concerned. AC on all three legs were 78V at 5000pm. Resistance was .7 ohms. The tests on the r/r showed it was defective per test C on the papers. With the new r/r I am getting 14.8V at 5000 rpm.

When I got the bike it had a spun rod bearing....7000 miles on the odometer. The PO had already starting parting it out. The bike was missing 2 key items that I am sure he sold right before I got there.....the cdi and the r/r. Before I knew anything about GS's I purchased both of the missing items (used) from ebay. My guess is that the r/r was already toast when I got it.

I cleaned all the connections and went with a common ground to the frame per the advice from many posts on here.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
            We do ?? not me, I threw on the SH-775 and called it done!
            K correction "it is a good idea".
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by bikemtn View Post
              I posted this on another thread I have:

I went through the stator papers with a fine toothed comb and have read all I can regarding these issues....all tests were good as far as the stator is concerned. AC on all three legs were 78V at 5000pm. Resistance was .7 ohms. The tests on the r/r showed it was defective per test C on the papers. With the new r/r I am getting 14.8V at 5000 rpm.

When I got the bike it had a spun rod bearing....7000 miles on the odometer. The PO had already starting parting it out. The bike was missing 2 key items that I am sure he sold right before I got there.....the cdi and the r/r. Before I knew anything about GS's I purchased both of the missing items (used) from ebay. My guess is that the r/r was already toast when I got it.

I cleaned all the connections and went with a common ground to the frame per the advice from many posts on here.
              Aaah okay I remember your post now, sorry bout that.
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Working...
              X