Fuel tank wires - location ?? - 821100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel tank wires - location ?? - 821100e

I have an 82 1100e and cannot find the plug ins for the fuel sending unit wires. They are yellow and black / black and white coming off of the tank.

It may have been rewired and omitted but wanted to ask before cutting the harness open.

on my 1000 they exit the wiring harness up by the front fork, but cannot locate on this bike. I opened the headlight and don't see them in there either.
    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

Should be two bullet connectors exiting the harness near the rear of the tank - the leads are not very long, maybe 2"-3".
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
      I have an 82 1100e and cannot find the plug ins for the fuel sending unit wires. They are yellow and black / black and white coming off of the tank.

It may have been rewired and omitted but wanted to ask before cutting the harness open.

on my 1000 they exit the wiring harness up by the front fork, but cannot locate on this bike. I opened the headlight and don't see them in there either.
      On Gs they break out of the main harness near back end of the tank, so if were hanging down they might be in area behind side cover.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

THANKS GUYS!! You saved me a lot of time looking. The PO had it lodged under and behind the breather and tank bolt area. I fed it out the side so it will always be easy to find.
        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
        80 gs1000s

Comment

Working...
        X