Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy, any ideas or thoughts on rewiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no order. Electrically they are identical. 3 stator output wires connect to 3 R/R input wires.

Comment

So I turn it's like a car alternator which has a regulator and converts the ac current to dc current but one direct line. But the stator has three identical lines/ output!

Comment

Any idea how to bypass the turn signal module because I am not using any of the old electronics, or will the system work with just the relay?

Comment

Originally posted by metalist25 View Post
          So I turn it's like a car alternator which has a regulator and converts the ac current to dc current but one direct line. But the stator has three identical lines/ output!
          This is how our system (and alternators as well) works. There is a 3 phase AC output (from the stator in our case). This is rectified into DC. (That is the rectifier part of a Regulator/Rectifier.) This DC voltage is then regulated to be ~14.5 volts (or less, at lower RPM) to prevent overcharging the battery or frying DC components. This is the Regulator part of the Regulator/Rectifier.
          In an alternator, there is an R/R internal to the alternator, which also converts the AC voltage into DC, so the output is pure DC (with an AC component, which we ignore). In our bikes, this is done external to the stator. There are minor differences between our system and an automotive alternator, but they are unimportant to this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by metalist25 View Post
            Any idea how to bypass the turn signal module because I am not using any of the old electronics, or will the system work with just the relay?
            Just unplug it and remove it. The system will not care if it is present or not.

Comment

Sweet , I figured it was similar to automotive charging system and with turn signals that's great too less to interface.
              Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM. Reason: Typeo

Comment

Working...
              X