R/R for 79 GS425

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R/R for 79 GS425

As the title states. Any ideas on an upgrade? I reviewed the list but know nothing about it. The one I have is still good.

Not certain about your particular model, but bang for your buck the SH775 is the best thing out there.

Comment

Originally posted by gspower View Post
      As the title states. Any ideas on an upgrade? I reviewed the list but know nothing about it. The one I have is still good.
      See GS Stator in my signature

And you can read about the SH-775

Comment

Originally posted by matt1100 View Post
        Not certain about your particular model, but bang for your buck the SH775 is the best thing out there.
        I'm thinking about the Compufire CF55402 but maybe someone has a link where I can purchase the necessary stuff to hook this up? Can I just swap the OEM R/R out? I have seen Steve's stator and was going to go that route as well, when I'm ready, if necessary. Do you think the stator failure issues (excessive heat) caused by the shunt R/R's would have any effect on a GS425? Perhaps the engine is too small to worry about stator failure. Idunno. Comments welcome.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2014, 08:20 PM. Reason: :p

Comment

I would definitely recommend the SH775!

I've just replaced my stator for the second time... not 100% sure but I think it was the shunt style SH532 that fried it this time, previously it would've been the stock looking one... but a PO had already replaced the stock one.

You will need to change connectors for the SH775 but there's no sixth sense wire to worry about.

The only thing you will need to do is work out where to mount it... it's huge!
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by gspower View Post
            I'm thinking about the Compufire CF55402 but maybe someone has a link where I can purchase the necessary stuff to hook this up? Can I just swap the OEM R/R out? I have seen Steve's stator and was going to go that route as well, when I'm ready, if necessary. Do you think the stator failure issues (excessive heat) caused by the shunt R/R's would have any effect on a GS425? Perhaps the engine is too small to worry about stator failure. Idunno. Comments welcome.
            Pull the cover and see if your stator is toast

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              Pull the cover and see if your stator is toast

How would I know?

Comment

How do you like your BBQ? regular or Cajun

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                  How do you like your BBQ? regular or Cajun

I see. I'm guessing that ones BBQ'd regular

Comment

Working...
                  X