Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 DAYS TO FIX - electrical gremlins - HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one_civic View Post
    That's a lot of reading! The Mosfet R/R was already installed before I bought the bike. I've read most of the stator pages but in a nutshell, what's the best stator for a 78 GS 750?
    They will all work just as well with that MOSFET R/R.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      Really? that is very strange.

Can anybody else confirm that when you click on GS Stator in my signature that you go to a tkent link instead of this one?

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=191795
      I got the same thing.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
        I got the same thing.

maybe a subtle way of obfuscating the pertinent information?

Comment

Really? that is very strange.

Can anybody else confirm that when you click on GS Stator in my signature that you go to a tkent link instead of this one?

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=191795
          The link in your sig took me here:

Place your GS electrical or ignition related questions in this forum.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
            That is the correct one. So maybe it is only an issue with Tom; he says it sends him to a Tkent thread.

Comment

obfuscating
              Come on.......that's not a real word......is it?

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
                Come on.......that's not a real word......is it?

Comment

That is the correct one. So maybe it is only an issue with Tom; he says it sends him to a Tkent thread.
                  Beats me! signed in, that link takes me to last post in a temp probe thread,BUT if I then scroll down to start of that thread, I get to your right link.I must have selected some odd date sorting method.
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

19MAY UPDATE***

Well, wasn't the battery. Had a buddy come over, rewire everything correctly with the new battery.

Made it 90% down to myrtle beach (aprox 1 hr/60 miles) and it died along the road.

SOOO.... looks like I'll be replacing stator and rectifier and wiring. Might as well overhaul it all for mainly peace of mind and knowing that I have reliable parts in place.

That being said.. anyone wanna send me a link directly to which rectifier and stator will match up with minimal wire modifying? I'm looking around $150

Comment

The SH-775 series R/R and the Triumph Wiring harness fall well below your price. 2011 R11HR76AG/AR Ranger 6X6 800 EFI 35A 3PH Series Regulator 105C 4012941 (SH-775) Triumph part number T2500676 for SH-775. The Polaris part number 4012941 should be all you need to look up the SH-775.
                      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

The Polaris R/R will cost you about $70 or so, I have a stator for you for $85 (shipped).

I got my Polaris R/R from 2-Wheel Pros. There were a couple other vendors that were cheaper, but charged a LOT more for shipping.

Sounds like it's right in your budget.

Last edited by Steve; 05-19-2014, 01:18 PM.
                        sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well, that clears that up.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
                            Well, that clears that up.
                            Or we could just say de-beclouding.

Comment

I have a book at home called:

OBFUSCATED C AND OTHER MYSTERIES by Don Libes

It documents the infamous "Obfuscated C" contest that was held every year at the time. It documents the contest winners and the programs they wrote in such a way as to make the code completely unreadable. Only a C programmer could really appreciate the work that went into some of these program snippets. But I digress...
                              http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
                              1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                              1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                              1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
                                I have a book at home called:

OBFUSCATED C AND OTHER MYSTERIES by Don Libes

It documents the infamous "Obfuscated C" contest that was held every year at the time. It documents the contest winners and the programs they wrote in such a way as to make the code completely unreadable. Only a C programmer could really appreciate the work that went into some of these program snippets. But I digress...
                                It took me about 15 years to de-becloud arguably the best programmer I have even known. He was one of the "Obfuscated C" participants and the first person I ever heard the term from.

In the end he realized the folly of the whole practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X