Help: Accel Coils for 79 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Accel Coils for 79 GS750

Hello, I know im late to the show but Im confused, and none of the threads are answering the question/explaining what im looking for. (sorry if im beating a dead horse)

Im trying to get Accel Coils but I do not understand clearly which to get.

Im under the assumption 1979 and older Suzuki's use Points and 1980 and new use CDI. (according the Clymer Manual, if i read it correct)

From what I can gather, Accel #140404 are for CDI (which i assume they put out 0.8 ohms)- which would be for 1980 and newer Suzuki's.. and #140403 are for points (3 ohms)- 79 and older Suzuki's..

I have a 79 GS750E im rebuilding (yes im a newbe) and Im confused on which to get (Im not trying to mess up the bike up anymore than it is)..

If my understanding is correct then how come in this thread #140404 were put on??: See youtube video.

Just a walk through of installing Accel #140404 Super Coils on an old Suzuki GS750L -- Hope it was helpful to someone -- By the way - I did trim my bolts off...

Im I overlooking something/not understanding??

Any explanation would be awesome to the whole coil ignition thing. and if my current understanding is wrong please let me know.

Thanks

As far as I know, points ignition use 5 ohm coils. Lower ohm ones will reduce the life of the points.
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Working...
    X