Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price too good to be true??

Look at this on eBay:

Dyna S Electronic Ignition Coils Wires Suzuki GS550 GS750 GS850 550/750/850 77
    -Mark
    Boston, MA
    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
    sigpic
    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Got my Dyna S from them. Good price & didn't have any problems.

Comment

Have you looked at Z1? If that includes coils, wires , caps and the dyna S, then that is a good price if they dont kill you with shipping.
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

+1 for Z1.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I have been thinking of upgrading also. Do I need to go with a kit that has new coils or is it just as good to use the stock coils?

If so this kit looks affordable http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyna-S-Elect...item58908919c9

Then there is this option???

Dyna 2000 CDI Ignition Suzuki GS 1000/1100 DDK3-2 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyna-2000-CD...item20bd90c11c
          82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
          80 gs1000s

Comment

Gregory, that is a good price. Wonder what the shipping charge is? I think all the Dynas on Z1's site are ~$130.00, (at least that is the cost of the set of Dyna 3 ohm green coils that fit my 1100EZ.) Wires and caps are another $20ish
            Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Comment

Guess I got lucky I found some listed for Harley Davidsons that some one bought and the company would not except a return on electrical parts and got a set of Dyna 3 ohm green coils for 65$ in the box with only the missing screws. (had to buy a wire set) He bought them for his HD and would not fit the dual plug head so sold them at a loss. Might look at some Harley listings and find some of the same , Good luck.
              sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
                Gregory, that is a good price. Wonder what the shipping charge is? I think all the Dynas on Z1's site are ~$130.00, (at least that is the cost of the set of Dyna 3 ohm green coils that fit my 1100EZ.) Wires and caps are another $20ish
                Free shipping
                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                80 gs1000s

Comment

I'd go for it if I were you
                  Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
                    I'd go for it if I were you
                    No one answered either of my questions... so which of the three types are needed?
                    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                    80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                      No one answered either of my questions...
                      Probably because you hijacked my thread..
                      -Mark
                      Boston, MA
                      Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
                      sigpic
                      1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Originally posted by mvalenti View Post
                        Probably because you hijacked my thread..
                        I will be happy to butt out, and wont touch a post of yours again.

I don't consider my questions to be a hijack, but an addition to the knowledge base of what you posted.

You offered up Dyna S info on ebay as a courtesy of a good deal for folks...which I am one of. I simply had questions regarding the Dyna S systems.
                        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                        80 gs1000s

Comment

Gregory, if you have the spare $$ for the coils and wires, go for it...especially if you are running the factory original coils. The coils on my 1100EZ were the 33 year old originals.
                          Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Comment

Working...
                          X