Dyna s help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna s help.

So I am wondering I have a 80 gs850 with a dnya s ignition and it has 4 wires 2 red and a black and white, I looked at there website and diagram and it was clear if it had two red wires shown, I only sorta saw one but I am not sure if one goes direct to 12 volts and the other red wire goes to the power side of the coils? Somebody please let me know.

I don't own a Dyna S but it is my understanding that each module on it requires power and a connection to the negative terminal on the coil it operates. The module grounds itself though it's mounting to the engine. Thus you have all three connections required: power, ground, and coil.

Comment

The two modules on the Dyna S are wired separately.
      Red & black wires go to one module.
      Red & white wires go to the other module.

So the two Dyna red wires connect to a switched 12V.
      The two coil orange wires are also switched 12V.
      The Dyna instructions show the two Dyna red wires spliced into the coil orange wires.
      With this layout, switched 12V goes to the coil orange wires & switched 12V goes to the Dyna red wires.

The coil white & black wires are disconnected from the original wiring & connected up to the Dyna white & black wiring.

Installed the Dyna S on my 82 GS550L let year.
      Make sure the mechanical advance works freely.
      The kit has a washer that was too thick for my bike.
      I got a thinner washer & had to do a little additional filing to provide clearance for the advance mechanism to work properly.

You might also consider doing the relay mod at the same time if you bike would benefit from it.

http://www.powercommander.com/downlo.../DS3-1_3-2.pdf

Comment

Working...
      X