I was sent gs750 coils instead of gs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sent gs750 coils instead of gs1100

Will these work? Do they still send out the correct voltage?

How do you know they're from a 750?

In 83 the coils were the same between the 750 and 1100. Other years were slightly different but all were 12V system coils. I see no reason they wouldn't work. Do you know if the 750 coils came from a points or electronic ignition system?

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Mine are cylindrical and white. These are much smaller and black. And the seller wrote 83 gs750 on them. I'm unsure about which systems. And if that's the case I'll put them on

Comment

Yes, they will work. Just make sure you wire them correctly.
        Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Yes, they will work. Just make sure you wire them correctly.
          Ray.
          I was going to say how would it be possible to miswire then, then realized "never mind"

Comment

Wire them correctly? You mean like which goes on which cylinder? Lol. I hope you don't mean neg and pos lol, I gotta look up which plug goes where

Comment

Just pulled them completely out. The lines are insanely short. Like holy vow short. Is there a way to make new ones? Is there an instructional anywhere for a young buck like me?

Comment

Positive goes to orange white. The other two match to the coil.
                The one with the shorter spark plug wires is for 2&3.
                He got the coils from me and I sent the better black/gray set from the 83 750.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The shorter ones? They seem to be a good three inches shorter for all ends. I'm not saying they're bad chef. I just needed to know more about them, and if the lines can be lengthened. They are short but you gave me a good deal and I want to use them. Nothing towards you at all.

Comment

One coil has longer spark plug wires. This coil is for the 1&4 cylinders.
                    Did you note where the coils went? Take pictures?
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                    X