New problem - battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patihubi View Post
    Well, shouldn't the battery do SOMETHING with 6v on it?

But, I held the multimeter on the clamps of the battery charger and it gave me nothing - 0.01
    What kind of multimeter are you using?
    What range are you using (in other words, where is the dial set?)
    If you put your location in your profile, there may be a GSR member near you willing to lend a hand...

Comment

Just connect it to the van battery using jumper cables. Unless it's a semi truck, it's going to be a 12V battery. The size of the battery is irrelevant. Just connect the jumpers to it and don't start the van. Let is sit for an hour and you should be good to go. If the battery goes dead again, then either your battery is toast or your bike's charging system is.
      http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
      1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Unfortunately, it's very bad for a 12 volt battery to sit discharged for any length of time, new or old.

Comment

I agree with all the tips I've been reading. I would go to the local WalMart or O'Reilly's, Advance Auto Parts, Napa etc. and buy a good multi function charger. Take your battery with you to the Auto Parts store, they will charge it and test it for you, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
          X