R/R Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    I would say, more like changing your engine oil by draining the oil from your engine and then pouring it back in. Out of site out of mind.
    Yeah, I like your analogy better then mine. Though usually when I get new boots, my old ones are pretty well wore out.

Sounds to me they did a bit of research on the shunt vs the series and saw how much better the series was. So now they offer good deals on the the old shunt styles to get rid of them then when it goes bad at some time, they can sell you a series one, double the money for them.
    Last edited by mrbill5491; 05-24-2014, 11:34 AM.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Just checked Ebay you get new 89 bucks or used down to 35 bucks for the
      "4012941 REGULATOR" No harness. whats interesting is some of the Polaris PN also say Yamaha ?

Comment

Originally posted by Recoush View Post
        "4012941 REGULATOR" No harness. whats interesting is some of the Polaris PN also say Yamaha ?
        The alternator on my Cessna said Ford.

Das Macht nichs.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Recoush View Post
          Just checked Ebay you get new 89 bucks or used down to 35 bucks for the
          They're all made by the same company they're just rebranded by the end user. Happens in the automotive industry all the time.

Comment

I picked up one off of ebay used for $40 delivered. They're pretty indestructible. As long as the seller guarantees it, you should be OK with a used SH775. Most Polaris dealers will sell them new for around $75 if new is the way you want to go.
            Last edited by JTGS850GL; 05-24-2014, 03:09 PM.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by snackie View Post
              Just spoke with Jack at ROADSTERCYCLE.COM, he recommends the FH020AA over the Sh-775. Both require special wire kits and connectors and are more than I want to spend. What about Ricks, Electrosport or Arrow Head?
              Go for it, and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                Go for it, and good luck
                I think he means Jack don't know ****.
                1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X