"Real" turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Real" turn signals

After numerous complaints from other riders that my mini turn signals are hardly visible during daylight, I have decided to update to signals that use a regular or larger size bulb. Just a regular bulb, not led.
    Ebay has thousands of choices, seemingly mostly led which I do not want.

Can anyone recommend a supplier on Ebay with a good size unit (not mini) with a regular bulb that would work on my 80gs1100?
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Does it have to be eBay?

Parts-n-More has some for your bike for $18 each.

Scroll down just past half way down the page, you will see four styles.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
      After numerous complaints from other riders that my mini turn signals are hardly visible during daylight, I have decided to update to signals that use a regular or larger size bulb. Just a regular bulb, not led.
      Ebay has thousands of choices, seemingly mostly led which I do not want.

Can anyone recommend a supplier on Ebay with a good size unit (not mini) with a regular bulb that would work on my 80gs1100?
      Why not LED?

All of the turn signal lights on my bike are full-size. Rear ones (on the saddlebags) are actually larger than the originals that came on the bike. All of them are dual-brightness LED, so they function as both clearance and turn signals lights, and all are BRIGHTER than incandescent bulbs while drawing less current.

To each his own, but don't condemn all LED lights based on those too-small mini signals.

Comment

I agree with 850GT, I have the stock signal ears on my bike with the LED bulbs in them. They look pretty good
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
        X