Stator tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Virtually all of them, starting with the '80 model year.

No, see above.

I see, most of the stators I saw for sale were 78-80. They seem to leave out 77, so I thought maybe the 77 was the only gs with a 12 pole.

I saw something were a guy said he used a rotor for a 18 pole off a gs550, on a 750.

Would that be a option?

Comment

Originally posted by born2lose View Post
      Would the 77 gs750 have a 12 and a 78 have an 18 pole stator?
      As far as I know, they were all 12-pole until the 79/80 model change then went 18-pole. The first stator I changed out, caught me out in exactly the same way.
      My '79 now has an 18-pole engine in it, but when /if I ever rebuild the '79 (just for a degree of orignality, it would be nice to have the kickstart engine in it again) I will be putting an 18-pole rotor and stator in it, too.
      ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
        As far as I know, they were all 12-pole until the 79/80 model change then went 18-pole. The first stator I changed out, caught me out in exactly the same way.
        My '79 now has an 18-pole engine in it, but when /if I ever rebuild the '79 (just for a degree of orignality, it would be nice to have the kickstart engine in it again) I will be putting an 18-pole rotor and stator in it, too.
        Yeah that kick start came in handy for me as of late.

Comment

Working...
        X