No announcement yet.

83 GS1100ES Stator wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shindengen 775 is a relatively inexpensive (and popular) option for a series R/R. I bought mine here: www.polarisparts123.com (Polaris part #4012941)

More sources for the 775 listed here in this thread, especially since cross border shipping gets pricey.

Last edited by Cassius086; 06-23-2014, 07:09 PM.
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
      The Shindengen 775 is a relatively inexpensive (and popular) option for a series R/R. I bought mine here: www.polarisparts123.com (Polaris part #4012941)

More sources for the 775 listed here in this thread, especially since cross border shipping gets pricey.

Thanks I located and have ordered one, I guess I'll have an extra OEM type R/R for sale, Anyone interested? LOL!
      $50.00 you pay the shipping to your destination>
      Thanks
      Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        Sorry, no award considered,unless after installation of new stator and/or R/R, he does Quick Test and reports his test results!
        Up and running folks, thank you one and all for your tips, suggestions and advice!
        I've installed the stator, new battery and an O/E type R/R, my series type is on the way and will be installed next week.
        All wired direct bypassing the harness altogether.
        14.45 volts at everything above idle.
        Next week: LED driving lamps and steel braided brake lines with an aftermarket master cylinder with an adjustable lever for my mutant hands.

Comment

Originally posted by rodgs1100es View Post
          Up and running folks, thank you one and all for your tips, suggestions and advice!
          I've installed the stator, new battery and an O/E type R/R, my series type is on the way and will be installed next week.
          All wired direct bypassing the harness altogether.
          14.45 volts at everything above idle.
          Next week: LED driving lamps and steel braided brake lines with an aftermarket master cylinder with an adjustable lever for my mutant hands.
          You might want to read this before installing replacement LED lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            You might want to read this before installing replacement LED lighting.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=218717
            I'm installing a series R/R next week and will start changing over the bulbs then.
            A couple of questions for you, if you don't mind?
            If I install LEDS in my turn signals with load resistors, will my self cancelling function still work?
            I wasn't able to get a clear answer reading through the links you posted.
            My other question is: will you have any SSBP's available from your next run?
            And I had thought I'd seen a wiring diagram for the installation of the SSBP but I don't seem to be able to find it again, could you post the link?
            Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2014, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rodgs1100es View Post
              I'm installing a series R/R next week and will start changing over the bulbs then.
              A couple of questions for you, if you don't mind?
              If I install LEDS in my turn signals with load resistors, will my self cancelling function still work?
              I wasn't able to get a clear answer reading through the links you posted.
              My other question is: will you have any SSBP's available from your next run?
              And I had thought I'd seen a wiring diagram for the installation of the SSBP but I don't seem to be able to find it again, could you post the link?
              Your self cancel will only work if you continue to use the original OEM Flasher.

If you use load resistors then the Shunt R/R will not not be a problem (but that defeats the purpose of the LED's now doesn't it)

The SSP installations are in my signature.

The probably last run of SSPB's is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                Your self cancel will only work if you continue to use the original OEM Flasher.

If you use load resistors then the Shunt R/R will not not be a problem (but that defeats the purpose of the LED's now doesn't it)

The SSP installations are in my signature.

The probably last run of SSPB's is right now.
                I was going to install the LEDs for increased brightness not necessarily to reduce the overall load.
                To tell the truth I can live without the self cancelation feature, I lived without it far longer than I've had it.
                Can you supply me with a SSPB? if so send me a private message with payment details.
                Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                X