No announcement yet.

New Stator now R/R Bad????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ElectroSport stators were fine the last time I got one, but their R/R's are not. Look up the SH-775 under the Polaris part number 4012941. They are available online from many places.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
      ElectroSport stators were fine the last time I got one, but their R/R's are not. Look up the SH-775 under the Polaris part number 4012941. They are available online from many places.
      It is a heavy burden to carry the horse to the trough

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        It is a heavy burden to carry the horse to the trough
        Got that right. You really started something with the Compu-fire. Maybe business will wise up and start pushing series R/R's for replacements. That will leave plenty of material left over for the boat anchor industry.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Thank you again! I really wanted to use a Series R/R but I could not get one turned around in less than 48 hours like the electrosport stuff.

Do you think Ill be ok for this trip? Im gonna do about 2K miles in just a few days. Will I know right away if I have a problem?

Comment

It's certainly good enough to make the trip, but I would definitely monitor voltage and provide a good single point ground. I read a thread in a forum a while back about someone going through three or five (I can't remember the number) ElectroSport stators. It turned out it was the ElectroSport R/R frying the ElectroSport stators. Battery Tender has a quick disconnect digital voltage meter, but you would need the quick disconnect also. I intend to get one because I have the quick disconnect already installed.
            Last edited by OldVet66; 06-24-2014, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Don't worry, it will probably work just fine until it fries.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thank you all again! I tried to find a polris or another series type regulator with no prevail.

I do have a 2001 GSXR r/r? would that be one? I didn't see it on the list of options from the stator pages.

Lastly, should I use the r/r from electro sport or the OEM stock regulator Rectifier that had no issues that I am aware of.

PS: after looing at the stator that I initial purchase as preventative maintenance...I am showing that it doesn't even look the same as my old stator???? Not sure how I missed this!!! It has twice as many winding points.

Thank you!

Comment

I bet someone has asked how many poles on old stator and new one!

Just use the original R/R till you find a SH-775 series unit: sell the new ES unit
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by odl777 View Post
                    Thank you all again! I tried to find a polris or another series type regulator with no prevail.

I do have a 2001 GSXR r/r? would that be one? I didn't see it on the list of options from the stator pages.

Lastly, should I use the r/r from electro sport or the OEM stock regulator Rectifier that had no issues that I am aware of.

PS: after looing at the stator that I initial purchase as preventative maintenance...I am showing that it doesn't even look the same as my old stator???? Not sure how I missed this!!! It has twice as many winding points.

Thank you!
                    Those are called poles. Your bike has a 12 pole stator. The one you purchased is an 18 pole stator and will not work. At all. Go back and count the poles again and you will see.

Comment

ElectroSport lists a 12 pole stator, return yours for a swap. I found it listed under the '79 850G, but the page showing it lists all the bikes it fits including yours. Maybe that will give you time to order a SH-775.
                      Last edited by OldVet66; 06-25-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X