Electronic Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic Ignition

Does anybody know of suppliers of electronic ignition to replace points and condensors for 1978 gs 750 all I can find is dyna s which is expensive.Conan
    1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

$130 ? Sounds reasonable- why not just keep point setup?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by angus View Post
      Does anybody know of suppliers of electronic ignition to replace points and condensors for 1978 gs 750 all I can find is dyna s which is expensive.Conan
      ..................... hi you could try pamcopete ,,, i believe he does systems for gs bikes he,s easy to contact regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Here'a Dyna-S for $115. delivered.

Dynatek Dyna S Ignition System. ATV Galaxy is an authorized Dynatek dealer located in Irvine California. Fits: Suzuki GS 550/750 1977-1978 "KD". Dyna S Ignition System is a complete self-contained electronic ignition system built with the latest state-of-the-art engineering.

I have an old Martek 440 until I'm willing to sell.....however I didn't know they were collector pieces. (see links below) $359. ?!?!? WTH....???

I saw another one for close to $200... anybody know why?

Maybe I should hold on to it...

Comment

Go with the Dyna. Easy installation, small, easier starting, quicker revving. Good tech support, even though you won't need it. $130 bucks for something that'll outlast the bike. I call that cheap.

Comment

The Martek 440 was never as good as Dyna, It appears that seller is just fishing for a fool. I have one in the original box with all the papers and instructions too and use the Dyna-S.
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

It (The M-440) was as good BEFORE the Dyna-S was produced

Keep those instructions handy, they will be helpful if anyone here shows interest in acquiring mine. lol

Comment

It`s a birthday present went for dyna s for $115 im in Ireland so there is $30 import tax and $40 shipping.Thanks for the help.Conan
                1983 GS 650 gl

1982 GS 850 gl

1980 GS 550L

1982 GS 650 G(KATANA)

Gsx 1400 daily ride

Comment

Originally posted by angus View Post
                  It`s a birthday present went for dyna s for $115 im in Ireland so there is $30 import tax and $40 shipping.Thanks for the help.Conan
                  Happy birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
                    Here'a Dyna-S for $115. delivered.

Dynatek Dyna S Ignition System. ATV Galaxy is an authorized Dynatek dealer located in Irvine California. Fits: Suzuki GS 550/750 1977-1978 "KD". Dyna S Ignition System is a complete self-contained electronic ignition system built with the latest state-of-the-art engineering.

I have an old Martek 440 until I'm willing to sell.....however I didn't know they were collector pieces. (see links below) $359. ?!?!? WTH....???

I saw another one for close to $200... anybody know why?

Maybe I should hold on to it...
                    For tank-polishing period accessories freaks. Only one step removed from the ones who stick with points for 'originality'.
                    ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Green coils and Dyna S lasted 20 years on my ES.
                      Curt
                      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                        The Martek 440 was never as good as Dyna, It appears that seller is just fishing for a fool. I have one in the original box with all the papers and instructions too and use the Dyna-S.
                        I agree the Dyna S is better than the Martek 440. But, I did run one in my '77 GS750B and once I installed it and set the timing I never touched it again. The biggest setback was that they lacked the adjustability of the Dyna S. And of course they are no longer around...

I think I paid like $50 for it brand new in 1980.

Comment

There are other reasons to stick with points.
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                            Hi, you mentioned that you have the instructions for the Martek 440 for the Suzuki. Would it be possible for you to e-mail me a pic/scan of it? I'm trying to figure out how its supposed to be hooked up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Ben

PS: I tried to pm but it doesn't seem to work.
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X