Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

82 GS650 No Start (yes im a noob, sorry in advance for posting a no start thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinner View Post
    Here you go:

The tutorial is for an 850 but the process is exactly the same.

Cheers!
    K

Thank You!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GodSilla650 View Post
      Thank You!!!!
      No problem. EVERYTHING you need to know is on bikecliff's site:

Download the shop manual and owners manual for your bike. For any required maintenance there is usually detailed write up on his site complete with pictures. Much of the information refers to a GS850, but the methods generally apply to most GS's. And if you happen to find something that's not covered (highly unlikely) there is a wealth of knowledge in the members of this site.

K

Comment

Valve adjustment

Looks like 2 of my exhaust valves are too tight. I have to order the tool and new shims. Is Z1 the best place to get this stuff from? Is there anything else I should be getting? My feeler gauge only went down to .038 so I'm assuming if that doesn't fit they are too tight and I'm just going to have to ballpark my calculations.

Comment

So I threw the set of carbs that I rebuilt back on the first bike, and got everything temporally hooked up just to see it if it would run properly. Once I got everything back together I went to turn the key.... and nothing... I checked voltage at my brand new, freshly charged battery and I had 1.3V. So I swapped back in one of my old batteries that had 11.87V and still nothing, not even instrument lights. By this time I had been eaten alive by mosquitoes, I knew it had to be something simple, but I was done for the night.

Next time I went out I checked the fuses and sure enough one of them was blown. I grabbed a 15A off my other bike and power was restored.

I cranked it over and after a few seconds it fired up!! It was running good, but the choke cable was sticking and it didn't really want to idle. So I still need to adjust the idle screw and lube up the choke rod, but at least I know it runs well. It has a pretty bad oil leak from the bottom cover so I am going to take care of that, change the oil, get everything put back properly and hopefully I can have it on the road.

Comment

I swear I have seen this information before but I have just been looking for over an hour and I can't find exactly what I need. I am looking for the exact pin out diagram for a SH755 regulator. From what I understand the black connector on the right the outer pin is ground the in her pen is positive which I assume you get from the Redwire on the refectory connector And ground can come straight from the battery.

The left great connector has three pins, I understand that those are supposed to be from the stator however one of my factory stator wires does not go to the factory regulator connector, It goes into the wiring harness.

There is also a white wire with an orange traceur that comes from the wiring harness into the factory regulator connector. What should I do with that?

thank you in advance for your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by GodSilla650 View Post
              .................................... factory stator wires does not go to the factory regulator connector, It goes into the wiring harness.

There is also a white wire with an orange traceur that comes from the wiring harness into the factory regulator connector. What should I do with that?

thank you in advance for your help!!
              That would be one stator lead going into bike wirning harness, to go up to the headlight shell where in prior to 1980 it was switched by the headlight switch and then back down to the R/R. But 1980 and after was no headlight swtich so is just a jumper in a connector in headlight shell. So end up with one stator phase having to up and around and back down through about 5 connectors for no reason (other than to not have to change design of the wiring harness).

Can connect that 3rd stator lead directly to the R/R, will still be the same functionality, just that current only has to go thru 1 connector, not 5, to get to same place.
              THat will leave the grn/wht and the wht/red wires from the bike harness unused.

Last edited by Redman; 09-06-2014, 03:50 AM.
              http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
              Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Thanks Redman! That's what I figured, but I really didn't want to wire it up wrong and be worse off than when I started.

Comment

Working...
                X