12vDC Regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Call Me Ahab View Post
    I believe you did - the reason I had discounted bluetooth devices was that I had only seen large... invasive devices that were pretty painful for me to use with my helmet...

Apologies, I wasn't even aware that there were low-profile speakers for use in-helmet. The models I've seen all have used in-ear speakers like earbuds or conventional earphones. Those hurt like hell when I pull off my helmet. I've owned two of them and despite my best efforts I could not use them without discomfort.

I'd searched for motorcycle-compatible bluetooth devices in the past, but when I saw the same things I'd been using, I gave up on it as a lost cause. It looks like I just gave up too easily... After all, why would I have spent $169.99 for a stereo bluetooth headset that feels like someone is trying to split my head open with a nutcracker every time I pull off my helmet

EDIT: That creature there is.... interesting... I'm not sure how it even installs O_O Doing some research on it now, thanks for the link!
    WOW that's a gonna be a no... Waaaay too pricey for me - neat though
    There are cheaper knock off on ebay for about 1/3 the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      There are cheaper knock off on ebay for about 1/3 the cost.
      Thanks for the tip - for now I'm going to exhaust possible solutions to the problem... if all else fails, then I will buy either a direct-wire helmet speaker setup or a bluetooth, depending on how reliable it looks to be.

I know we got a little off topic, but the help is always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Call Me Ahab View Post
        Thanks for the tip - for now I'm going to exhaust possible solutions to the problem... if all else fails, then I will buy either a direct-wire helmet speaker setup or a bluetooth, depending on how reliable it looks to be.

I know we got a little off topic, but the help is always appreciated.
        I have not reviewed any of this but think this is similar.

The blue tooth earbuds are much cheaper but a pain.

Comment

I have the Scala Q2 that connects to my phone via Bluetooth and with speakers Velcroed to the inside of my helmet. I don't feel the speakers/wires at all and only have to push the microphone down a bit when I put the helmet on.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            Understood - I'll look into that, seems good for the price!

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            I have the Scala Q2 that connects to my phone via Bluetooth and with speakers Velcroed to the inside of my helmet. I don't feel the speakers/wires at all and only have to push the microphone down a bit when I put the helmet on.
            Decent features, but the lowest I could find that was around 149.99, and it was on clearance (reason unknown) - For now I'm looking for a cheaper fix... One day I plan on buying a Goldwing or one of the (forgive me...) Harley baggers as a transport bike - I'd like to lessen the load on the gs850... In fact, to that end, I've had it sitting idle while I plan out my next project for about 2 weeks.

The speakers and headphones are just to help alleviate the tedium of my now-extended ride to work every day. I went from 5 minutes to 45, so some music would be nice

I'll keep looking around, I'm still contemplating trying out that power regulator, haven't had a chance to hit Radioshack to build Posplayer's recommended fix...

Thanks everyone

Comment

Give Sierra Electronics a call, ask about the helmet speakers for your phone/mp3 player.

I forget the manufacturer and/or model number, but they were only about $35.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
              X