Battery keeps dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    Well, that is clearly quite possible. I guess it must be it is far more likely that dirty connections can cause the R/R to increase it's shunting, driving up the failure probability for both stator and R/R. It is not random but as inevitable as entropy.
    That makes sense, the R/R connectors on both bikes were burnt. I hope you are not just being polite. I know you know and understand this stuff like most of us mere mortals wish we did but I hope my intuition is better than my education in what I think is going on. I really hate misstating the facts though.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Taking into consideration the analysis I have done, it is quite clear that a shunt r/r will stress a stator. The stator stress is cumulative and the direct evidence is the charred winding insulation. Based on fundamental properties of materials, the mechanical stress of temperature cycling of the R/r is less obvious but it does occur.

As mentioned there are two types of r/r failure random sporadic and stress induced which in this case probably strongly colorelated with stator stress .

Depending on the failure mode there may or may not be a stator issue. If the r/r cooked over a long period the stAtor was likely also stresses as well.

Comment

Working...
      X