brake switch for clutch safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake switch for clutch safety

I had previously bypassed my clutch safety switch since it was worn and dodgy. I needed to replace my front brake light switch for the same reason. So, I ordered 2 front brake light switches hoping I could use 1 for the clutch safety. Upon inspection, they are very similar but with some differences. Will I need to modify 1 for this, or will it work as is?

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
    1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

The switch itself is the same in the sense that it's just an on/off switch, but whether you can physically mount the brake switch on the clutch perch is the real question.
    Current:
    Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
    VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
    And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

The only difference that I know of is that the brake switch has two connectors of the same gender, the clutch switch has one of each.

And ... you are probably the first one I have heard of that wants to put a "safety" switch back on the clutch.

Most of us have bypassed it and said "good riddance".

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
      X