New switch wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New switch wiring

Ok, Im partly confused about the wiring for my new K&S starter switch I picked up for my GS1000 1978. A youll see below, the K&S has 6 wires in its harness, 4 of which need to be used, or so I assume. I cut the old connector off of the stock starter switch to retain the clip which plugs into the main harness. As a result, I have 3 wires to play with.

Here is the diagram for the new switch

Here you can see which wires Ive connected to and plugged it back into the main harness.

I also wanted to bypass the clutch safety switch so i popped the wiress off the clutch only to find the pic below in the headlight bucket. The ends from the clutch safety switch were plugged into each other but there are no other male/female ends in the harness that they would have been connected to? Im at a loss as to how to bypass my switch now.

The other ends of this wire is what was plugged into the clutch switch. It, in essence, just made a wire loop that wasnt connected to anything. Can anyone help?

matt

And this is the diagram Im using.

Comment

I'm confused as well, your schematic shows 4 wires from the ignition switch and none of those colors are on the connector you spliced into.

you seem to have butchered your kill switch connector.

Comment

What do you mean? Second picture shows the new switch harness with colors mentioned in the diagram on the first picture.

Comment

The connector I spliced into is from the OEM harness from stock starter switch. You have to jump down to the OEM diagram to match up the colors with the new switch diagram.

Comment

Working...
          X