Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just installed a newish replacement wiring harness but this begs questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed a newish replacement wiring harness but this begs questions.

I found out why my headlight did not work this evening. When I puled my left control switch plug out of the harness the big old fat hi beam yellow wire came out of the receptacle a healthy rust and crumble colour.

Undaunted I headed to the cellar way to find a harness I got on ebay cheaply a few years ago.
    I was pleasantly surprised that the thing went on so fast.

Its dark and pouring rain and I have no garage so thats it for tonight.
    In order to not cut up the new harness I was wondering if you guys could link me to that elusive site that sells OEM like shells and connectors. My ignition switch was connected to the main harness with spade connectors due to the plug melting.

I really would hate to shorten this nice new harness by hacking on it.

Alas I ransacked my trove of old parts and to my surprise there was a wiring harness bit off an old ignition switch.
    It pays to never throw things away.

Comment

I know you figure out your answer but I got a kit from these guys. Nice.

David
      1998 Suzuki Bandit
      1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
      1978 GS1000 - gone
      1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Z-1 has a good selection too.
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

My goodness but it is nice to have fully bright light and blaring horns that would make a MACK truck take notice.
          Where is that kid who has half his horns working? My advice a new wiring harness.

Comment

Working...
          X