1981 GS450s- no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS450s- no spark

Hello, I have a 1981 gs450s that ran perfectly. About a week ago I took the engine out to replace a few parts and clean up the frame. Now I have everything assembled, but it isn't getting spark to the right or left side coil. I started to troubleshoot the trouble by checking the connections, the coils themselves, and I even swaped out the coils, but still am not getting spark. I also swaped out the igniter, but still nothing. As of now I'm completely lost as what I should check. Any ideas or things I may have overlooked?

Since it ran "perfectly " before you messed with it, you got something hooked up wrong. Put back the original coils and ignitor and do this testing routine.

Pay particular attention to signal generator connections.The ignitor can't do much if it doesn't get stimulated by the signal coils.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Okay I followed your advice and it turns out that one of the wires leading from the signal generator had broke, connected the wire, now there's spark and the bike is running

thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X