80’ GS-750 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80’ GS-750 question

Have a 80’ GS-750 that I got in boxes and pulled from a dumpster so I’m working with no prier knowledge of how it was before it was taken apart, so I really appreciateall of your knowledge out there ! so on my electrical board there is a small hook, upper left that I don’t know what goes there ? I looked at the parts page for electrical and they show nothing there ? is this correct ?
    Attached Files

Pretty clean looking for dumpster find. I'll guess the hook holds the side cover on- a 750 owner will know.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That hook holds the turn signal control box. There is a rubber holder that goes around the device with a slot for the hook.
      it is very clean. I would still clean that crimp style fuse box and do the quick test. Add the grounds as well. I would recommend the sh775 but I got away with just cleaning the electrical vet well as confirmed by very low voltage drops.
      Last edited by posplayr; 09-14-2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        That hook holds the turn signal control box. There is a rubber holder that goes around the device with a slot for the hook.
        it is very clean. I would still clean that crimp style fuse box and do the quick test. Add the grounds as well. I would recommend the sh775 but I got away with just cleaning the electrical vet well as confirmed by very low voltage drops.

I never new what went there either.
        I have the same blank hook.

The blinker relay is located on the backbone of your frame.
        And the control uni9t he is talking about would not be found on your model is my guess as it is not on my L.

Comment

You can always look in the manual

Comment

Will Tom…It did not come that way pal !!! That is after 6 months of weekends, the pic, attached is after the first weekend of just seeing if I had the parts needed to get the lump going again.
            To Crankthat…where on the backbone is it located ?? I believe I have a E model
            And to posplayr… ya the manual shows nothing there ??
            week1.jpg

Comment

manual shows nothing ??ElePage.jpg

Comment

and this is how she's looking as of last weekendweek6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by scamp62 View Post
                  And to posplayr… ya the manual shows nothing there ??
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]36466[/ATTACH]
                  I guess it will just have to remain a great mystery. Of course if you bothered to look at a real manual.................???

pg 8-7
                  Last edited by posplayr; 09-15-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Have a 80’ GS-750 that I got in boxes and pulled from a dumpster so I’m working with no prier knowledge of how it was before it was taken apart, so I really appreciateall of your knowledge out there ! so on my electrical board there is a small hook, upper left that I don’t know what goes there ? I looked at the parts page for electrical and they show nothing there ? is this correct ?
                    My '82 750E is the same, nothing is attached to the hook. The blinker relay is mounted to the frame under the gas tank close to the seat.

Comment

Nothing there on an 80/81 750E. No evidence of anything ever being there on my bike and I found a pic in the service manual that shows it unpopulated. Suzuki probably reused the plate from another GS that did have something mounted there, probably a turn signal control unit. Good place to mount up some accessory or another.
                      Charles
                      --
                      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

IMG_1719.jpg
                        Originally posted by eil View Post
                        Nothing there on an 80/81 750E. No evidence of anything ever being there on my bike and I found a pic in the service manual that shows it unpopulated. Suzuki probably reused the plate from another GS that did have something mounted there, probably a turn signal control unit. Good place to mount up some accessory or another.
                        If anybody was actually looking for the purpose for the hook it is plainly displayed in multiple locations in the OEM manual (each model/year listed).

My 81 GS750EX also did not have anything located at that location, but the manual is clear there had been an intent to located the turn control unit there as they did do later. The 82/83 GS110)EZ/ED for example use that location.
                        Last edited by posplayr; 09-15-2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Yup, that is the way it is, everything is there that is supposed to be there, though that R/R ought to changed out for a SH-775 or a Compufire. A Compufire resides there on my bike.
                          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

thanks for the info,....... mrbill ordered a new R/R !

Comment

Working...
                            X