Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for replacement wire harness connectors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for replacement wire harness connectors.

Many wiring issues on my 81 GS 850G but not ready to redo whole harness. Would like to redo many of the connectors (some 9 pin ones, etc). I think I saw some info RE: a good source for decent assortment of these connectors here way back when. Anyone have a handle on one or more suppliers of these items?

Thanks, as always.

DH

It might be this one: http://www.corsa-technic.com/categor...category_id=58
    I've never bought from them but it looks pretty good.
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

If you're in the UK try these guys:

79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

using google; these pop up.

I have used the first two, but I know many people use the third one as well.

Cycle Terminal - We have Your wiring Needs. OEM Style Japanese Motorcycle Wiring Terminals and Connectors for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda Motorcycles, from the 60’s to the 90’s. Motorcycle electric products and accessories, Motorcycle Fuse Box's, Bullet Terminals, Spade Terminals and Connectors, Adhesive lined Dual wall Shrink tube, Headlight Relay Kits, Horn Relay Kits, Auxiliary Lighting Kits, Accessory Relay Kits,and more.

Comment

doesn't z1 have replacement connectors too?

Comment

+1 for Vintage Connections, very reasonable and quick delivery.

2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
            2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
            1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
            2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
            1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
            1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
            1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
            Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Another vote for Vintage Connections as well as Cycle Recycle II in Indianapolis (http://www.newmotorcycleparts.com/)
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks to all for the "leads" I am actually thinking of a longer term project of rebuilding the entire sorry-assed wire harness. I envision usupending a frame of light wood with some arms on it above the spine of the bike & duplicate the stock harness with better & slightly heavier guage wire. I should be able to color code the striped leads by marking the wires where they emerge from the harness with heat shrink or just using colorful permanent sharpie markers. As I do with all, will spend a good bit of time plotting out the plan. Good winter project I think.

Thanks again for the rapid responses!!!

DH

Comment

Originally posted by suzukizone View Post
                  Thanks to all for the "leads" I am actually thinking of a longer term project of rebuilding the entire sorry-assed wire harness. I envision usupending a frame of light wood with some arms on it above the spine of the bike & duplicate the stock harness with better & slightly heavier guage wire. I should be able to color code the striped leads by marking the wires where they emerge from the harness with heat shrink or just using colorful permanent sharpie markers. As I do with all, will spend a good bit of time plotting out the plan. Good winter project I think.

Thanks again for the rapid responses!!!

DH
                  Just so you know, most of the electrical problems for these old bikes can be solved by a couple of upgrades that go beyond simply making the harness wires larger.

Look at the Solid State Power Box described in my signature.

And read GS Stator as well for R/R options.

Comment

It also looks like you have an option for a new OEM harness from Suzuki still

Shop online for OEM Wiring Harness parts that fit your 1981 Suzuki GS850G, search all our OEM Parts or call at 800.359.0567

Shop online for OEM Wiring Harness parts that fit your 1981 Suzuki GS850G, search all our OEM Parts or call at 386-740-2452

I found several corroded connectors, and my harness was just in all around poor condition, so I decided to simply buy a new one and do some additional upgrades (relay for the ignition system, etc), like an Sh775 series type R/R, and convert the harness to a Single Point Ground set up.

Lots of great info in Posplyr's signature!!
                    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Got a nice kit, tool & good supply of extra parts from Vintage Connections. Guy is super nice, fast delivery & even refunded part of my payment as he wanted to toss in a little tool I ordered & paid for. Thanks for the tip. This is the kind of business we need to support.

DH

Comment

Working...
                      X