Spark Plug Connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Plug Connectors

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this, I feel like I'm missing something. But.....I replaced the spark plug caps and got new plugs. However, the connector looks different on the new plugs. They're the same kind, NGK B8ES. The new connectors don't seem to fit on to my new NGK spark plug boots. I don't want to force it. See what I mean, at the top here:

Does that metal thing on top come off? Can I unscrew it with pliers or something?
    Last edited by Guest; 09-20-2014, 02:12 PM.

Did you get these plugs at marine store? The fat cap might unscrew (some do ) and expose the threaded thing your bike needs to fit nicely.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Did you get these plugs at marine store?
      Nope, I got 4 from Pepboys and then 4 more (for the future) from Z1-Enterprises. They were both the same with that big cap. I'll try and unscrew that cap. Thanks!

Comment

The caps unscrew. You may need some pliers but they do unscrew exposing the threads.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Take it off using a set of pliers to loosen it if needed
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Some plugs have no removeable top, but if you look at the end, you'll see the end of the screw (or not, in the case of the one-piece ones).
            Offhand, I don't ever recall a B8ES with a one-piece top, though.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
            X