1100ED speedo on 1100EZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100ED speedo on 1100EZ?

I'd like to hear from 1982 (U.S.) 1100e owners who've installed 1983 1100e speedos on their bikes, and anyone knowledgeable about this or with parts for sale.

Is there any reason to replace the entire instrument panel?

Is there any way to adjust the mileage on the '83 speedo to accurately reflect the actual mileage?

How much should I pay for an '83 speedo?

I'm starting to gather parts for Suzi's winter makeover. I like the stock look (except for intake and exhaust), but that 80 mph speedo has got to go.
    Last edited by Rob S.; 10-10-2014, 06:41 PM.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

I have a set...obviously they are a direct bolt-on. In good condition, you're gonna pay no less than $100.00 for a set of gauges. Probably a good bit more.

Somewhere around here, a member detailed the steps for rolling back the odometer. Don't try to put the odo from you 82 cluster in the 83 cluster. Different gear ratios or something. Makes the speedo way off.
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Hard to find a nice set at a decent price. I know, I've looked for a while.

My 1100E was originally an 82 with 83 motor and wheels, and after a frame change, it is now titled as in 83, but that dang cluster is still the 82. Only thing left I'd like to change. Over the past few years I've bought/collected a couple damaged 83 clusters in the hopes of building a complete unit. Recently one of the members here gave me the parts he had collected to build an 83 cluster, so I think I have everything for a winter project.

Just to give you a feel, there are three 82 clusters on eBay right now going from $90 to $120. Two 83 cluster sold recently on eBay at $200+
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Hard to find a nice set at a decent price. I know, I've looked for a while.

My 1100E was originally an 82 with 83 motor and wheels, and after a frame change, it is now titled as in 83, but that dang cluster is still the 82. Only thing left I'd like to change. Over the past few years I've bought/collected a couple damaged 83 clusters in the hopes of building a complete unit. Recently one of the members here gave me the parts he had collected to build an 83 cluster, so I think I have everything for a winter project.

Just to give you a feel, there are three 82 clusters on eBay right now going from $90 to $120. Two 83 cluster sold recently on eBay at $200+
        Make me feel better, I have a couple of sets and one that are really nice like 11.8k miles I paid $250 for probably 3-4 years ago
        Last edited by posplayr; 10-12-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I got lucky. Got mine for less than 100. 2 or 3 years ago on e-bay.

Comment

Working...
          X