no spark in 1 coil/ 2&3 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no spark in 1 coil/ 2&3 cylinder

hello all I have been doing some reading here on my 1982 GS 750 on why I am only getting spark in 1 coil. For some reason cylinder 2&3 are not getting spark so I pulled 2 coils from a non running parts bike put both on with no spark in that coil. So I then turned to a multi meter test That I went to youtube to learn how to do if I did my test right all 4 of my coils are bad wich don't make since considering the coil for 1&4 has spark and that one also showed it was bad on the test. I also did a test on my signal generator and if I did that right it is good.so I am at lost and don't know were else to look beside to test the stator to see if that is good but not sure on how to test any advice would be a huge help.

thanks Mike

So i Found a broken wire from the igniter I fixed that but still no spark here is another question I have a bad kill switch I by passed the kill switch would that have anything to with the spark I don't think so but thought I would ask

Comment

To test ignition coils,it's best to remove plug caps and stick meter probes into the two leads from coil- look for about 12000 ohms .(plug caps can give you false readings). Make sure you check connections from signal generator up to ignitor,and on to ignition coil.
      have you seen this link?

The stator is unlikely the culprit here.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        To test ignition coils,it's best to remove plug caps and stick meter probes into the two leads from coil- look for about 12000 ohms .(plug caps can give you false readings). Make sure you check connections from signal generator up to ignitor,and on to ignition coil.
        have you seen this link?

The stator is unlikely the culprit here.
        ok thanks I will try to remove the caps and try it again Idid test the stator and it was also good
        that is a great link thanks
        Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X