X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I have the stock version.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I have not tested one yet, but I would think that the diodes in a series R/R should also be capable of being tested.

Probably hard to test the SH-775. The SCR's need to be turned "on" to conduct - I think that I'll just assume mine are fine.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Does anyone have a good stator and/or rectifier for sale?

Comment

Your r/r might still be good (hard to tell till stator has decent output) but I'd get a series unit - about $75 For the SH-775
          Sold by Polaris mainly their part#4012941 try a local dealer to bargain or look at Steve's exploring last winter

Steve also offers rewound stators , so check with him if you don't feel lucky on eBay buying used units.
          Last edited by tom203; 12-21-2014, 05:43 PM. Reason: Typo
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I think I'm going to procees with a stator and rectifier from electosport. Atleast they come with a warrantee and are designed for the bike. Anyone have experienced with their products?

Comment

Originally posted by awilchiwsky View Post
              I think I'm going to procees with a stator and rectifier from electosport. Atleast they come with a warrantee and are designed for the bike. Anyone have experienced with their products?
              Best advice from me.......
              Get the e/s stator, but you better get the SH-775 to "control" it's output- the r/r from them is 30 years outdated.also both products are made in China
              1981 gs650L

Comment

Originally posted by awilchiwsky View Post
                no, no, no. The Electrosport stator is fine but NOT the reg/rec. You need either the popular SH-775 reg/rec or a Honda reg/rec http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...-Honda-RR-Kits fantastic reg/rec and even better member . The electrosport stator is fine but the Ricks ones are better rated.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

So the Rick's stator says OEM style, I'm not sure if this is an advantage or disadvantage after reading the previous posts. How are their R/R's? They also seem to be the 'OEM' style. I'm looking for something upgraded from the OEM if available. I noticed the Polaris SH-775 units require a special harness as well. So I'd need to order more then just the R/R. I'm decent with electronics/electrical so I don't mind altering a Honda R/R but need to know which PN to look for. At this point I need help identifying which parts are best suited for the 81 GS650G and I'll do whatever is needed after that point to get the bike running.

Comment

Contacting Duaneage on this forum will get you a way to buy the Honda R/R; personally, I'm liking my SH-775 and the wiring isn't that hard to do
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Bear in mind that a charging problem is 100 percent unrelated to a starting problem, as long as your battery is charged when you are trying to start it. I suspect that incomplete carb cleaning, tight valves, and or air leaks are probably the culprit there. Especially when you say that you replaced the jets.
                      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                      X