1989 gs450 custom loom question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 gs450 custom loom question

Quick question for you wire nuts out there.... If there is any. There's a load of old wires on my loom that I won't be using I.e my neutral light, gear indicators from 1 to 6, fuel gauge and so on. So here's my question... is it going to be easier to start again and make a brand new custom loom that on has the wires I require or to simply chop out any old wires that are no longer needed? Thanks in advance guys... This is for my 1989 gs450 E

You don't want a neutral light? Make sure you put your unneeded items in parts for sale forum.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I'll be sure to do that buddy. I have the complete set of idiot lights all intact ready for sale matey so ill post them shortly

Comment

If you plan on making a new harness you may consider that the existing harness (assuming it's in good working order) could offset some of the cost. In my opinion, if you plan to do a "primitive" bike with very few electronics, then I'd go ahead and makeup my own harness. In the end you'll know exactly how everything is wired up and probably have a better harness in the end. Just don't part with the original harness until you have the new one working.
        http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
        1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Thanks mate. And yes it's a very "primitive" bike. Been hard tailed with a sprung seat. Very very bare bike.

Comment

Working...
          X