Headlight damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight damage

As the pic shows, the glass headlight lens is broken, the "ear" is bent and the chrome trim is nasty. Funny thing is, high-beam and normal both work.

image.jpg

The chrome trim (and all other purely aesthetic items) can wait. Anybody ever heard of (or have the parts for) replacing just the glass? Bill (chef) doesn't think he can come up with anything more than the "ears".
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

ask and you shall receive....maybe
    no got...sorry
    Last edited by blowerbike; 02-05-2015, 01:39 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

The glass lens comes as part of the lens/reflector assembly, it is not available separately.

I have one, but the reflector is slightly clouded. Yours for shipping costs, if you want.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

you have an 8" steve?
        head light i mean................lol

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          The glass lens comes as part of the lens/reflector assembly, it is not available separately.

I have one, but the reflector is slightly clouded. Yours for shipping costs, if you want.
          Sold! PM me amount and where to send check. Thanks.

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
          you have 8" steve?
          I've been here over a year and didn't realize it was "that kind" of forum.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
            you have an 8" steve?
            head light i mean................lol
            Oops, I failed to notice that one little detail.

No, I have a couple of 7" units that were removed and replaced with LEDs.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            Sold! PM me amount and where to send check. Thanks.
            Rob, turns out that I won't be able to help you. I missed the detail that you had the BIG light on your bike.

Sorry about that.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

No harm, no foul.

Comment

Working...
              X