Where Does This Part Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azr View Post
    Why the heck wouldn't he use the part he has?? it's not in that bad of shape and it's not like that hole has to be water tight or anything like that.......RTV silicone????
    Forgot where the part went! Once Chuck & AZR reminded me, I tried to to get a new one and they are no longer available.

Comment

Some do and some dont have that drain hole. I like to have things sealed up nice so the original intent of the part is kept up. Like we reuse the cam end caps all the time...but they need a little help sealing so they dont leak,,,right? Sort of the same theory from my view point. Stop the possibility of a leak and the rest is gravy.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Triton View Post
        Forgot where the part went! Once Chuck & AZR reminded me, I tried to to get a new one and they are no longer available.
        Don't worry about us two old bugers, we're just yakin' about minor details that don't really matter any how..... gives us something to do.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
        X