i just wanna give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just wanna give up

Well i moved and my 1986 gs550ef wont start ran when i brought it here but its a wireing nightmare cause of a little fire a ways when i parked it 4 months ago i went and drained float bowls fresh gas no spart at at went bought new coils still no spark i just checked and three coil wires read 12. some thing volts but one read like a hundred an some thing? and im not sure if i got the right wires going to coils there the orange one from the ignition module that spits into two its orange i think help !!
    Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2015, 08:27 PM.

Get a schematic and some spare time. Methodically check everything. There probably is not be a single issue that needs to be addressed, so check everything and make a list before you start making changes. While you're at it, clean and protect your connectors, fuse panel and grounds. Fix everything. When you are done, you'll have reliable working electrics and the huge bonus of understanding that part of the bike. You said there was a small fire, so everything is suspect. Any advice I could give here for a single thing to check would just be the beginning of a frustrating wild goose chase. Bite the bullet and do the project. Fix it all. If not, it'll wind up rotting in your garage or at best get sold for a song to someone willing to take the time.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

One other thing that will help is to just start ONE thread on this topic. You started two of them about 10 minutes apart.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Check out this link....

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thank you for that link :-) and sorry i didnt mean to start two threads .... today i went to a used bike store and bought a ingition module thing its for same year but a gsxr 600 mines a gs550 will this work i havent tried it yet ??? thank you for your help

Comment

Oh and i ment to say the four wires that are going to the coils sorry and thank your for your time guys

Comment

Be cautious mixing ignitors ( ignition module thing)from different model suzukis- often slight differences. Best to test your original setup and determine which part is bad. Avoid buying stuff till you know!
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

ya i think im giving up on it from what people are telling me the ignitor module is way to hard to find and there like five hundred bucks or close to any one want a parts bike cheap ?

Comment

Forgive me for saying this, but are you really going to give up that easy? I'm sure there are more questions you have before giving up.

Help us out here. I found an archived post here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum.../t-209521.html

There was another person who thought they had a bad ignitor, and it turned out to be bad O-rings. That is a simple fix.

Did you get a chance to go through the wiring harness with a schematic? Is there any way you could post a picture of the worst areas of the wiring? Don't give up on these bikes, that's when the morons rip the engines out and stuff them in gokarts and dwarf cars.... I sure as hell don't want to see any more of those.

Comment

i tried again and this time i no the ignition module is screwed it was smoking yay but i just got a msg back and gonna go look at a gs550es 1983 tomorrow hope i get it

Comment

Working...
                    X